By the Membership, For the Membership
GAE always has been controlled by its diverse statewide membership—making it an organization that truly represents the concerns of you – the certified professional, the support professional, and the future teacher. From this varied membership comes the Representative Assembly, the highest governing body within the organization. Delegates elected to the Representative Assembly are based on one delegate for every 35 members from each of the 186 local GAE-affiliated associations. The chosen delegates convene to adopt GAE’s policies and resolutions and to finalize GAE’s priorities and budget for the following year.
That is why is it vitally important that you — the member, keep abreast of the Association issues and voice your concerns to your individual delegates who represent you in the voting process.
Please take a moment to peruse and study any notices on election issues and nominations that will ultimately set the tone and direction of your Association.
GAE 2019 Election Information
Notice for Special Election for District Two Director: Due to only one qualifier for the election, there will be no online election for this position. Election results will be posted soon.
- Election Nomination Notice for GAE Retired Delegates to the 2020 Spring Representative Assembly
- Election Nomination Notice for Candidates for Delegates to the 2020 NEA RA
- GAE Positions Election Results for 2018-2019 as of 4-10-2019
- Election Results for Delegates and Alternates for the 2019 NEA RA
Gwinnett County Association of Educators Special Election Results
- The results of the election for the 2018 GCAE Co-Presidents are as follows. The two candidates with the most votes will be Co-Presidents.
GCAE PRESIDENT CANDIDATES (Votes)
Jennifer Dietz Crane (26)
Charmaine Madukolum (16)
Nicole Trimble (9)
Suzanne Holzhausen (8)
- Jeanette Kimber won by acclamation for the Treasurer position. She was the only candidate.
- Carol Montgomery won by acclamation for the Secretary position. She was the only candidate.
- Vice President position is vacant since there were no candidates.